( CNN) California coffee shop may soon be forced to warn customers about a possible cancer hazard linked to their morning setback of java.
The state holds a list of substances it considers possible causes of cancer, and one of them, acrylamide, is established when coffee beans are roasted.
A lawsuit firstly filed in Los Angeles County Superior Court in 2010by the nonprofit Council for Education and Research on Toxics targets various business that procreate or sell coffee, including Starbucks, 7-Eleven and BP. The suit alleges that the defendants “failed to provide clear and reasonable warning” that drinking coffee could uncover parties to acrylamide.
- Akihito to become first Japanese emperor to abdicate in 200 years
- Jimmy Kimmel Blasts GOP Senator Over Obamacare Repeal: He Lied Right To My Face
- Health effects of coffee: Where do we stand?
- Guys Reveal What Having Blue Balls Really Feels Like And TBH, It Doesn't Sound Great
- Med Students Are Getting Terrible Training in Robotic Surgery