( CNN) A preliminary decision from a California superior court judge in Los Angeles could affect thousands of coffee shops including Starbucks, 7-Eleven and even your neighbourhood gas station.
The stores may have to put up a warns that tells patrons there is a possible cancer hazard linked to their morning jolt of java. The courtroom said in a statement Wednesday that the companies “failed to meet their burden of proof on their Alternative Significant Risk Level affirmative defense” and ruled against them .
Cazlifornia saves a list of compounds consideration be given to probable causes of cancer. One of them is acrylamide, which is created when coffee beans are roasted. The chemical stays in the coffee you drink in what the court called a “high amount.”
- Blind date: He was stunned by my taste for strong cocktails and disco classics
- 3 Foods You Must Ad To Your Prostate Diet Plan
- World Health Organization: Processed Meats Cause Cancer
- Champions League: tie-by-tie analysis of the last-16 games | Nick Miller
- News Daily: Van hits crowd near mosque – BBC News