( CNN) A preliminary decision from a California superior court judge in Los Angeles could affect thousands of coffee shops including Starbucks, 7-Eleven and even your neighbourhood gas station.
The stores may have to put up a warns that tells patrons there is a possible cancer hazard linked to their morning jolt of java. The courtroom said in a statement Wednesday that the companies “failed to meet their burden of proof on their Alternative Significant Risk Level affirmative defense” and ruled against them .
Cazlifornia saves a list of compounds consideration be given to probable causes of cancer. One of them is acrylamide, which is created when coffee beans are roasted. The chemical stays in the coffee you drink in what the court called a “high amount.”
- Creepy British Fuckboy Will Not Stop Playing The Piano In Public Until His Ex Takes Him Back
- ‘It's hidden history': the race to save one man's black Americana
- Why more men are delaying prostate cancer treatment
- Why British Chinese mums stay in after birth
- The shorter your sleep, the shorter your life: the new sleep science