New York( AP) — The Republican presidential nominee in 2012, Mitt Romney, was plowed for prostate cancer last year.
That's according to a Romney aide who spoke on the condition of anonymity because the aide was not authorized to discuss a sensitive health topic publicly.
The aide said Monday that Romney was diagnosed with “slow-growing prostate cancer” last year. The cancer was removed surgically and experienced not to have spread beyond the prostate, the aide said.
The news comes as the 70 -year-old Romney weighs whether to run for a Utah Senate seat currently resided by Republican Sen. Orrin Hatch. Hatch announced last week that he would not seek another term this fall.
- Balding, premature graying tied to higher heart disease risk
- ‘Exocet' firework wrecks couple's home
- The shorter your sleep, the shorter your life: the new sleep science
- Viagra: the little blue pill that revolutionised our sex lives | Observer profile
- 30+ Before & After Pics That Will Make You Reconsider Shaving Your Beard