New York( AP) — The Republican presidential nominee in 2012, Mitt Romney, was plowed for prostate cancer last year.
That's according to a Romney aide who spoke on the condition of anonymity because the aide was not authorized to discuss a sensitive health topic publicly.
The aide said Monday that Romney was diagnosed with “slow-growing prostate cancer” last year. The cancer was removed surgically and experienced not to have spread beyond the prostate, the aide said.
The news comes as the 70 -year-old Romney weighs whether to run for a Utah Senate seat currently resided by Republican Sen. Orrin Hatch. Hatch announced last week that he would not seek another term this fall.
- Jerry Lewis, Comic Turned Telethon Fund-Raiser, Dies at 91
- Antibiotics greatly reduce effectiveness of cancer treatment study
- Cardiff scientist to ‘train' virus to fight ovarian cancer – BBC News
- Animal agriculture is choking the Earth and making us sick. We must act now | James Cameron and Suzy Amis Cameron
- Windrush cancer patient gets treatment date